Walkspace is a collective of writers and artists in the West Midlands who are intrigued by walking in all its forms.
From gentle strolls to hardcore psychogeography, group walks to solo explorations, Walkspace will report on walks that have happened, promote walks that are due to happen and generally discuss the interesting, weird edges of the humble perambulation. There are no right or wrong ways to go for a walk but there are definitely ways to make them curious and enlightening.
We just launched in February 2020 and there's a lot of work to be done, so we hope you'll join us and get involved!
Walking news, walking reports, walking inspiration…
- Robson on… Arboreal Beauty
- Local roads in Birmingham are found to be in pain with irregular heartbeat
- Robson on… Avian Activity
- Resources for Vicarious Walking
- Robson on… Restorative Strolling
- Robson on… Sociable Strolling
- Robson on… Solitary Strolling
- A Walk Around the Block
- Walking in Lockdown
- Self-Isolation Stroll
- Fiona's Full Moon write-up
- Dark Moon Walking 2
Walkspace are currently a collective of three, but once we figure some stuff out we're very keen to expand. If you're organising a walk or have written something about walking that you think would fit here, drop us a line!